COPYRIGHT:

Please refrain from using photographs from this site without my express written permission.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

WEEK FOURTEEN

Monday, November 16
This week I wanted to do a different shadow picture everyday, but when push came to shove, it didn't happen-life happened and that's ok too.
I love the simplicity of shadows, and yet at the same time, how they can seem so daunting and overwhelming when the thing that is casting the shadow usually is not. Shadows as an art form is an interesting topic. What do you think?

Tuesday, November 17
Name this cowboy.
I love the way the texture on the wall looks like stars in the night sky in the country and the way the blue hue around the hat plays into that. The first couple of shots had a hint of this effect and were an accident, but once I noticed it, I really played it up and this was my favorite one.

Wednesday, November 18
Yet again, here is my abstracted dragonfly sculpture, but I would almost consider this an entirely different piece when presented as a shadow. At some point in my schooling I am currently involved in, I would like to present a project (assuming I have the appropriate class and assignment to do so) wholly as a shadow-the shadow being the final piece of art.

Thursday, November 19
I had fully intended to take another shadow picture this night to keep up with my theme for the week that I was working on, but then Cambria decided to have a reading night in her blanket/reading corner by the couch and I couldn't help but snap this shot.
I really liked this shot straight out of the camera, but wanted a more shallow depth of field then what it took it with and so I increased the DOF in Photoshop. While it was a really easy fix, it was still good practice. Normally, I edit and work on my photos with Capture NX, a photo editing program specifically for Nikon software and equipment, but since I started my Computers and Art class this semester, I've been trying to spruce up my Photoshop knowledge and this image was a nice, but easy way to use PS.

Friday, November 20
Five years ago on this date I wed Hallie, my lovely wife, and have never looked back. The time has come and gone so quickly, yet so much has happened in our lives together. I can't wait for the next five.

Saturday, November 21
I don't know what else to say about this image besides Cambria likes her yogurt. And she likes to "drink," it from a cup. I was laughing so hard while I took this shot, that I'm surprised it turned out at all.

Sunday, November 22
Homemade egg rolls. I ate way too many.


2 comments:

Snake said...

I want those egg rolls.

Jesse C said...

1. Shadow art is a cool idea, I think doing a performance or video along those lines could really be cool.

2. I wish Cambria and Abby could hang out more.

3. Egg rolls. Those look awesome.