COPYRIGHT:

Please refrain from using photographs from this site without my express written permission.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

WEEK ELEVEN:

Monday, October 26
Green Canyon.
On Monday, in our groups, our sculpture class journey up Green Canyon to find and area to create a site-specific sculpture. This was the area that my group decided to use. Tomorrow we start and finish it.
I love the color of the leaves against the dying trees. And I think it looks awesome how the trees are so thick that they completely choke out the sky completely.

Tuesday, October 27
Though we had one other day with some early morning snow, on Tuesday we got what I would consider our first "real," storm. Cambria looked outside at the falling snow in awe. Oh, and she also couldn't get enough of the birds at our bird feeder.
I wanted to only use the light coming in from the outside to illuminate this shot, in order to keep Cambria's back in the shadows and keep the natural light all in front of her.

Wednesday, October 28
Ah, Drawing I.
Gotta love still life drawings. Here is our Halloween-themed still life drawing set up for the day. Not too shabby. A few skulls, candles, pumpkins and whatnot. I did however, fail to get the toaster oven with the bloody hand sticking out of it.

Thursday, October 29
I had totally planned on another shot this day, but my eyes kept being drawn upward to the blue, blue sky and the spotty, texture-filled clouds that were throughout. Though my initial focus was the clouds, I wanted to bring some lines into the image to move the eye around. Hopefully it worked.

Friday, October 30
For all intensive purposes, this was our Halloween this year. A couple that we are friends with and my wife and I organize and throw a Halloween party every year. This year was our fourth year running and we called it: "Rocktober Massacre." Pretty sweet name (thanks Jesse for the idea). There are always dozens of amazing costumes and this year was no different. For me personally, the Altoms' garden gnome ensemble was my favorite. And if you think they look rad in this photo, you should have seen them dancing to Mimic, the live band that played.

Saturday, October 31
If I were to name this photo, I would call it, "Halloween Hangover," because our trek to and from SLC in one night just about did Cambria in. Thanks to some extensive road closures on the way home, an hour and a half drive turned into about three hours+ and we didn't get into bed until 12:45 a.m.
After three or so hours of sleep, Cambria woke up screaming, then fell back asleep after a while for about another 45 minutes and then woke up screaming again. We spent the rest of the night/early morning on the couch with her-which meant she slept (finally!) and we didn't. The party the night before was so fun we stayed later than planned and probably shouldn't have considering Cambria is cutting three teeth at the same time and we knew keeping her up late could be interesting. Oh well.

Sunday, November 1
I don't know if it's related to keeping her up late and the bad night's sleep or not from Friday or just the woes of a teething child, but Cambria woke up with a runny nose and watery eye on Saturday morning and was worse this morning. Hallie went to church and I stayed home with the little one. For the last week or so, she's been carrying around a Halloween drink cozy that Hallie got for me, so we figured she may as well use it. We started sticking her cups in it today and she absolutely LOVES it. A girl after my own heart.
Doesn't the runny nose and watery eyes just break your heart?

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm flattered that our costumes were your favorite!! I'm also happy to hear that our dancing skills are up to par.

Jesse C said...

Nice work as always Jer.

Poor girl. She is so cute, a great mix of the two of you.