COPYRIGHT:

Please refrain from using photographs from this site without my express written permission.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

WEEK SIXTEEN:

Monday, November 30
While my mustache was freezing as I waited for the bus on Monday, I happily noticed the patterns of the trees running up the side of the street to the side of me, as well as the spiderweb-like shadows accompanying them.

Tuesday, December 1
Ah, the UR Lab. My home away from home this last semester and for many more semesters to come.
I like this image because the letters have eerie streaks below them.

Wednesday, December 2
Found object sculpture.
This was my final project for my sculpture class this semester. We had to have 10 or more objects and they all had to be symbolic of the message we were trying to convey. I really liked how mine turned out and there were some other pretty awesome ones in my class too.
I could go into the meaning behind all the objects, down to the tiny, yet important details, but I'll let you think about the meaning.
Well, what do you think? I'd love to hear.


Thursday, December 3
Mmm...muddy buddies. Good to eat and good for a texture shot.

Friday, December 4
I've been driving by this sign for who knows how long and have always admired it. Maybe it's just because I'm a Pepsi man, but I think there's more to it than that. It was a perfect blue-sky day for the shot. The blue sky almost looks like a backdrop, but nope, it's for real.

Saturday, December 5
The annual Christmas sweater party. It was awesome (as usual). Lots of friends, lots of catching up to do, lots of food and drink and the newest thing: tons of kids all over the place!
Jesse and his friend, together known as Herod the Fink, performed traditional and original songs and it couldn't have gone any better. If you ever want to meet a modern-day Renaissance man, Jesse is it. I'd have to spend an hour or two just to possibly think of something he can't do and I'm pretty sure I'd still come up empty-handed.

Sunday, December 6
Home. After being away for the weekend it felt good to get back home, except for the fact that it was FREEZING in our place. After unloading the car the first thing I did was to get my sweats and slippers on and wait for our little home to heat up to a tolerable temperature!

2 comments:

Jesse C said...

Love the sculpture. There's definitely a theme running through it. Technology always changing. Evolving and different ways to experience sound and music. Music is a constant in a changing world. Those are my guesses.

Jeremy said...

Spot on. Also a commentary on how we value things and how fast they lose their value. You can't see it well in the picture probably, but there is a price tag on the walkman for $2. When they were new they were really expensive and now they aren't worth anything.