COPYRIGHT:

Please refrain from using photographs from this site without my express written permission.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

WEEK SEVENTEEN

Monday, December 7
When I first began to seriously get into photography, I almost strictly shot in black and white and since then, I've almost exclusively shot in color. Funny. Anyway, I think with it being snowy and cold out as of late, I've been in a monochromatic frame of mind and getting back to my roots.

Tuesday, December 8
Remember my found object sculpture from last week's photos? Well, here it is salvaged and in another more sensible, usable form. One of my friends in my sculpture class pointed out that my project would make an awesome clock and I agreed, so here is our new clock! I'm pretty stoked on it, except I wish the hands didn't blend into the background so easily. Maybe I'll swap them out for different hands someday soon.

Wednesday, December 9
Ever had a burger here? You should.

Thursday, December 10
Blake.
Taking this photo spontaneously turned into half a night of messing with lighting and multiple exposure shots and all just for fun. In the end I chose the shot that started it all. A great portrait. Nice hat, great expression, awesome sweater.
Thanks.

Friday, December 11
One tough cookie. While Hallie was at work, Cambria and I went out and ran a couple errands. In preparation for said errands, I was in charge of prepping Mrs. C for the bone-chilling Logan air we had earlier this week. She's a stylish chick with attitude, so I dressed her to fit her personality. I've never seen a kid that could simultaneously look tough and adorable, but then again, I guess I'm pretty biased.

Saturday, December 12
I randomly drove by this on Friday and knew it would be my photo for the next day. Originally, I wanted this to be an HDR image, but I'm still learning more about HDR and from what I've read so far, Photoshop isn't pick of the litter when it comes to creating HDR images, and I'm not about to buy a program right now just because I think it'd be fun to create HDR photos. At any rate, I slightly tweaked a few things to give it a look reminiscent of an HDR image (or at least the HDR images that I've seen and liked).

Sunday, December 13
We had a mild-to-medium snow storm last night and as I was looking out our sliding glass door on the back of our home, I became fixated on a grouping of branches. As I looked deeply into them, I thought of Jackson Pollock's "Lavender Mist." What do you think?

2 comments:

Snake said...

Pretty radical.

Jesse C said...

Nice work once again. Cambria is so cute. I have a similar get up for Abby, and I think it is awesome. Yes to the Jackson Pollck reference, and that pepsi truck is awesome.