COPYRIGHT:

Please refrain from using photographs from this site without my express written permission.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

WEEK TEN:

Monday, October 19
I LOVE the changing leaves in the fall. Logan has so many trees lining the streets and it makes fall drives, even through simple neighborhoods, pretty awesome. I might be biased, but the two most beautiful fall-color cities are 1. Louisville, KY and 2. Logan.
On this shot I focused on lines, leaves, colors and also playing with some Photoshop. Can you guess where the fire hydrant and bus stop sign used to be?

Tuesday, October 20
I've always been a sucker for leaves and vines, so when I can get both I get giddy like a little boy when the ice cream truck comes around.


Wednesday, October 21
Our last project in sculpture was to create an abstract piece with plaster being the medium. I choose to abstract a dragonfly. I actually really liked how it turned out. It's something I'd actually like to have in my house vs. my bust sculpture.


Thursday, October 22
I was kinda bummed about this photo. We carved pumpkins a week ago Saturday and I planned on getting a good night shot of it with the candle glowing, but I waited too long and the carved portion of the pumpkin started rotting, so this shot turned into something different, though I don't completely hate it.


Friday, October 23
Ah, the season for parties. Bring It! Friday night was Hallie's work Halloween party. I think she nailed this one-do you know who she was?


Saturday, October 24
Abby's bridals. This is one of my favorites from yesterday's shoot. Abby was awesome and as photogenic as ever. The weather was cold, rainy and the day was full of shooting location issues, but she never complained once.
On this shot I wanted to capture her beautiful earrings and necklace. Her dress was beautiful and reminded me a lot of Hallie's wedding dress. More to come on these photos when I get a chance to finish going through the images and touching them up.


Sunday, October 25
This shot is right outside the Fine Arts building. I drove by it last week and the colors were so vibrant and contrasting against each other that it looked surreal. I wanted a shot that showed the bright, rich oranges, reds and yellows fading into the equally lush green. It almost looks like the bright colors are waging a war against the dark green.

2 comments:

Jesse C said...

Great stuff Jer, all those leaf shots are amazing, and yes Logan is incredible in the Fall.

Nice work on that sculpture. It is really cool.

ali said...

You're definitely biased. Come to VA and you will see what fall is really all about!

But don't take my word for it....

Great photos.