COPYRIGHT:

Please refrain from using photographs from this site without my express written permission.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

WEEK NINE:

Monday, October 12
Monday night as I looked around at the remnants of Cambria's birthday celebration, I felt sad. I love party's and holidays and get a bit depressed once they've come and gone. I thought this photo was appropriate for how I felt on Monday night. Also, I've been really interested in shadows lately.

Tuesday, October 13
There's something about a long, curving road that beckons me to push the shutter. The dark, brooding skies and the way the mountains are framed at the vanishing point by the trees are my favorite aspects of this image.

Wednesday, October 14
Right outside the Whittier School here in Logan there is a new playground that is pretty epic. Cambria loves it. Heck, who am I kidding, I love it too and might even have more fun there than Cambria.

Thursday, October 15
Over my fall break (though I'm still not sure how they get off calling one day off "fall break"), Hallie and I went to Park City with her mom, grandma and sister. I spotted this window shot on my way out the door of our condo to take some outside shots. Isn't it crazy what simple lighting will do for a picture? Instead of lighting the wall around the window, I thought focusing on the outside shot that was framed by the window was much more interesting and made the shot of the mountainside pop that much more.

Friday, October 16
I love frosty fall mornings. I think the beautiful and vibrant yellow tones from the trees create a beautiful background.

Saturday, October 17
Hallie suggested that I take a shot of our window skeleton decoration around sunset when the light pushes the shadow up against the blinds and I'm glad she did. I've actually been waiting for a day without too much cloud cover to get the right shadow projected on the inside of the blinds and this day was perfect

Sunday, October 18
Yet another road shot. This time the fence leads the eye, instead of a yellow line and then farther up the shadows keep the eye moving to the end of the road.

No comments: