COPYRIGHT:

Please refrain from using photographs from this site without my express written permission.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Poster Design

When my first daughter was born my wife and I wanted to have a poster made for her. We had seen "birth," posters online that were parodies of concert posters and thought they were super awesome. At the time, I was working as a booking agent and had zero know-how in the ways of graphic design or how to begin using Adobe CS. I had a good friend and designer create the poster and from the second we laid eyes on the finished product, we decided it would become a family tradition for each new youngin' to have their own poster.

I created this poster for our second daughter, IZZY "BUG." I obviously needed to include all the info (date, time, weight, height, etc) but still wanted it to be simple and clean and not too cluttered. I feel like I achieved that with the type/image relationship of the lady bug and it's flight path. Be sure to click on the image to see what I mean a bit more legibly. Some of the letters seem to get a little lost viewing it digitally, but the poster is 17x24 and perfectly legible!

No comments: