COPYRIGHT:

Please refrain from using photographs from this site without my express written permission.

Monday, August 16, 2010

FIN:

Monday, August 16
Because some days are just more fun than others.


Well folks, this photograph is officially the last of my (365) Days of Photography journey. It's hard to sum up all that I've learned in the last year. If I had to though, in one sentence, I would say that I have learned that there is a photograph in everything. You don't need to go somewhere exotic or miraculously different than where you live (though, that helps at times), because the shots are all around us all the time; we just have to look for them. Yes, it's true that in our everyday lives some things are more exciting than others, but the photographs are still there. All in all, I'm mostly proud of what I accomplished. It wasn't easy taking a photo a day, especially when school, work, family, church and all of life's other aspects crowd what little free time you have available. I won't lie, there were days that I missed a photo, but I always made sure to make up the photo for that day or photograph what I had originally planned for that day, but maybe was unable to for whatever reason.

I feel a certain relief to not have to constantly be thinking and looking for my "shot of the day," but I also feel a kind of sadness that the challenge has come to it's official end. Thankfully, I think this has taught me to see a shot in everything I do. My eyes see things as if they are looking through a viewfinder now. I love it. Thank you to all who have followed along with me on this journey, both vocally with your comments and talking to me face to face and also silently viewing the images each week. Please keep stopping by the blog. I hope to continuously update it with photos and design work.

Jeremy

No comments: